Marathon is a 10-mile-long family-oriented island community conveniently situated in the middle of the Keys island chain. From the air, the Keys are a wash of emerald green and turquoise blue water. Once you land the real adventure begins with a 5 dollar taxi ride you can explore the entire island.
Residents, snowbirds and visitors enjoy Marathon’s fishing heritage, an old-Keys lifestyle. Waterside restaurants that harvest fresh fish, lobster and stone crab claws from local waters. Marathon offers spectacular sailing, fishing, world-class wreck and reef diving and snorkeling, in addition to the island’s impeccably maintained beaches, eco-attractions and marine-based educational programs.
Best Things to do in Marathon Keys
Enjoy seafood classics by a waterside tiki bar with refreshing frozen drinks. With there own Private Airport.
Why go bar-hopping when you can hop on a bar? In Key West, Cruisin’ Tikis Key West offers Tiki bar–style cruises lasting 90 to 150 minutes on a Tiki-designed boat for up to six passengers.
Conveniently located less than 3 miles from Florida Keys Marathon Airport, this local restaurant offers the best quality & prices on seafood.
Enjoy the spectacular scenic views while taking a walk or biking the famous bridge connecting the Florida middle and lower keys.
Take a fun filled adventure to the third largest barrier reef in the world, Sombrero Reef. 30 acre of coral reef from 230 ft deep.
Have a fabulous dinner, as the sunsets and dolphins swim along the beautiful waters of the Florida Keys.
Located in the heart of our Florida Keys, experience outstanding Conchstyle villas and homes with a full service marina and luxury resort amenities.
Known as one of the best beaches in south Florida, Bahia Honda State Park has an open public beach with some stunning views and other activities, perfect for a relaxing day with the family.
Marathon International Airport (MTH)
Florida Keys Marathon International Airport busily accommodates a full range of services for general aviation enthusiasts and corporate jet operators. Two full-service FBO’s offer fuel, maintenance, tie-down, pilot and passenger facilities. Ground transportation options are available including an airport shuttle, car rental agencies and taxi service.
U.S. Customs & Border Protection operates 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. For more information, call 305-289-2029 or go to www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/key-west.
The Florida Keys Marathon International Airport is a dynamic general aviation airport that is located gulfside in the City of Marathon at US 1 Mile Marker (MM) 52, in Florida’s Middle Keys.
- Time zone: UTC -4 (UTC -5 during Standard Time)
- Control Tower: No
- Runways: 7/25 5,008 ft. x 100 ft.
- Elevation: 5 ft. / 1.5 m (surveyed)
- Pattern Altitude: Light Aircraft 1,000 MSL; Heavy Aircraft 1,500 MSL
- CTAF/UNICOM: 122.8
- WX ASOS: 135.525 (305-743-8373)
- Instrument Approach Procedures: RNAV (GPS) RWY 07, RNAV (GPS) RWY 25, NDB-A
- Sectional chart: Miami ARTCC: Miami Center FSS: Miami FSS
- AirNav — www.airnav.com/airport/KMTH
- NOTAMs — https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/PilotWeb/
There is free parking located at the Florida Keys Marathon International Airport. I recommend the 5 dollars taxi or a nice walk around the island. However the following car rental, taxi and bus companies are located in the terminal:
- Avis — Local: 305-743-5428; Reservations: 1-800-331-1212; www.avis.com/en/home
- Budget — Local: 305-743-3998; Reservations: 1-800-527-7000; www.budget.com/en/home
- Enterprise — Local: 305-289-7630; Reservations: 1-800-Rent-A-Car; www.enterprise.com/en/home.html
- Key Hopper Taxi Service — 305-393-0146; www.keyhoppertaxi.com
- Greyhound — www.greyhound.com